Star Wars Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Role Play 2 (Currently Ongoing)

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Star Wars Role Play 2 (Currently Ongoing) - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Role Play 2 (Currently Ongoing)

Post by Atridian Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:15 pm

COMMAND TOWER, HIDDEN REBEL BASE: 0750 HOURS
It was frantic the second they walked through the smoke-filled doorway; Atridian leaned out of the corner and fired a plasma bolt across the hallway, hitting a rebel soldier in the chest and throwing him across the floor. Rancor squad had made it a total of fifteen feet before getting pinned down by the towers personnel; two twin-linked E-web turrets fired multiple streams of fire toward their position, behind two walls at the end of one narrow and long hallway. October grabbed Atridian and pulled him back into cover as a spray of laser-fire seared past the both of them; Flak and Whilly, opposite side to them, both moved out into the hallway.
They fired simultaneous lines of blue laser fire at the gunners, hitting on of them square in the skull and dropping them with a heavy thud; Stinger, thermal det in hand, tossed a primed grenade at the emplaced weapons and destroyed them in a burst of flames along with the remaining troops. The five formed up and slowly moved down the length of the hall toward the main atrium as the rebel soldiers scrambled to regroup into defensive positions. Two walls of durasteel crates were remaining as they reached the destroyed turrets but one look up and Atridian saw the next two levels of the building completely visible with a single skyline shining  down the center.
Four groups of ten soldier squads started filing down the far stairways and started finding cover behind furniture and potted plants; Rancor squad and Atridian began opening firing before they even managed to get into cover. Six rebels caught plasma bolts as the rest moved into cover; blood started to puddle beneath their fallen bodies as a firefight began between the rebels and Atridian's men. October stood and placed five headshots on the rebel attackers and tossed one thermal det toward the potted plants before dropping down into cover.
It exploded two seconds later accounting for seven total hostiles; Atridian took and deep breath then jumped up and vaulted over his cover before charging the enemies position. He activated his lightsaber to deflect incoming blaster rifle fire from the rebel troops; Atridian brought his saber down across an attacker's torso as he reached one groups position, sending him flying apart in two halves as Atridian moved toward his frightened comrades. He slashed through them with large sweeps and twists of his body before they could bring their blasters to bear on him; Atridian left ten smoldering dead bodies in his wake before using the Force to make him sprint over to the next group in less than two seconds.
The troops were too busy looking over towards Atridian that they didn't notice Rancor squad standing over them on the three-foot flat plateau; their screams reached the rafters as the commandos cut down the remaining rebel soldiers in short, and quick, bursts from their Deeces.

"Welcoming committee couldn't put more effort into the party for us," Flak said, reloading his rifle and kicking one of the bodies to make sure it was dead.

"Could've used more cake," Stinger added.

Atridian waved them forward and they immediately started moving toward the staircase before starting the long climb to the second level.  

Deviss swung his dual sabers in tandem as blaster fire shot from left and right, sending them back to the rebel soldiers around him as Vil and the shock troopers began firing on the fleeing troopers from the flame covered barracks. Everything around them was ash and flame as the base descended further into complete chaos; whoever had come here, they had dealt the base a crippling, and fatal, blow before they had arrived.  Deviss didn't like the idea of such a devious foe being his target, but he'd proceed on anyway regardless; fear was a fools way of keeping themselves 'safe' by fleeing from the threat in their path.
Confrontation was the only absolute way to ensure one's safety by eliminating the threat; Deviss would never flee because it simply wasn't in his nature. Vil fired and dropped three soldiers then ducked as Deviss swiped through two more oncoming enemies, slicing them from waist to neck.

"What are you picking up, Dev? We can't keep playing out here forever," Vil said, hip-firing at a squad of fleeing troops, shooting them down one by one.

"I'm getting strong readings from the intact tower at the center; I'd put my money on them being there," Deviss replied.

"Then that's where we're going," Vil gestured to the other troopers with them.

Deviss launched himself forward and moved through the doors of the command building, with his men right on his heels firing right until they passed through the threshold.

Last edited by Atridian on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

https://sw-rp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Role Play 2 (Currently Ongoing) - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Role Play 2 (Currently Ongoing)

Post by Desertb1ur101 Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Lazlen did a quick inspection to make sure that everything was prepared for his mission: his blasters loaded, jumppack fueled, and his electro-staff charged.
"We've jumped out of hyperspace Lieutenant," the pilot said, "anywhere specific you want to land sir?"
"Land near Mos Eisley, we'll check out the local smuggling trade and find out from there."
"Roger that sir, but we'll be landing a klick away from Mos Eisley, this ship's gonna get both of us killed if we land close enough."
"That's fine, I don't mind the walk Pilot, just land."
"Yes sir!"
A few minutes passed and finally Lazlen could feel the shuttle slowing down and landing on the ground.
"You ever been to Tatiooine before sir?" the pilot asked.
"No, this is my first, and hopefully my last, time on this rock."
"Well as a veteran of Tatiooine sir, I recommend bringing some water sir."
"Thanks for the obvious Pilot."
"Always here to help." The doors open to allow Lazlen to see the sun bleached desert of Tatiooine. The heat and the sun's brightness both hit Lazlen at once and almost caused him to scream in pain. Lazlen pulls out a mini holomap of the area and notes that Mos Eisley is West of their position. Looking forward into the vast desert and looking back at the inside of the shuttle, Lazlen walks westward towards Mos Eisley.
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYCO PEANUT13 Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:06 am

Galak sat up and got out of bed. Galak rubbed his eyes and walked over to a neatly folded pair of black Imperial jumpsuit. He puts on the suit and walks over to the guys in clone armour.

"I need a ride back down to the TIE"
PSYCO PEANUT13
PSYCO PEANUT13

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYCO PEANUT13 Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 am

Galak climbed out of the ship and stifled through the soft sand dune towards the TIE. The sun glistened off the shards of broken glass that littered the ground. The inside of the TIE was left a rich, musty black soot. Galak walked up and reached inside pulling out his father's DH-17 blaster and holster out of a small storage compartment under the seat. He clipped the holster to his belt and holstered the blaster. Galak looked around and saw a sun-baked blood trail that shot off further into the desert. Galak looked down at his new robotic leg and sighed.

"I guess this is my blood. I should be dead, but I'm not. I should keep it that way"

Galak follows the blood trail until it stops.

"I guess Atridian didn't kill those people that pulled me out of the TIE"

Galak knew that Atridian wanted him to be one of his pilots but there was something dark and mysterious about him. Just looking at him made him uneasy. Then Galak looked at his leg again, this time noticing a bludgeon his upper thigh near his hip bone. he felt around and felt a sharp pain when he touched it. It was small and square and laid under the skin. He unzipped his suit and looked at his leg there was a clean cut and stitching below the hunk of metal in his thigh. He zipped his suit back up and walked back to the ship.

"Dust off" Galak told the pilot. " I want to go to Mos Eisley, from there you can leave."

PSYCO PEANUT13
PSYCO PEANUT13

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:48 am

Vector angled the gunship upward and blasted off toward Mos Eisely at breakneck speed. The gunship lowered down and landed in one of the open hangars and opened the cabin doors to let Galak off.

"Good luck, kid! Call us up if you need any more spare parts!" Arcade shouted over the gunships engines as it lifted into the air and shot off back toward the Nexus
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:03 am

Alea looked Yorrick up from top to bottom as he finished putting on the phase one modified clone trooper armor that the commandos left for him. The hangar flooded with sound as the gunship came sliding in and stopped at a low hover as the side doors slide open.

"We're going in to extract the ground team; no hero osik this time, ya hear? I don't need my boys feeling all shattered just because you decide to throw yourself on another grenade," Alea said as she slid her full-face helmet on.

Yorrick grabbed five clips and slotted them on his front vest pockets then picked up a refurbished DC-15A blaster rifle."I won't fail, ma'am. I'm back and ready to fight again and I wanna prove myself worthy of everyone's praise."

"Good way to do that: don't get cocky, and don't be stupid," Alea flicked toward the gunship and they quickly boarded it.

"Good to see you again, kiddo," Nex said giving Yorrick a pat on the back.

"That phase one looks good one you," Arcade commented.

"Thanks, I'll try not to get a scratch on it," Yorrick replied.

Vector dropped out of the hangar and dived down toward the planet; the gunship veered up and quickly proceeded toward Atridian's location.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:18 pm

The stairwell crisscrossed with blue and red as Atridian and his men shot up at the rebel soldiers a few floors above on the opposite side; October snapped on his sniper attachment and let off a sharp, and powerful, blast from his Deece. A moment later, a screaming rebel came flying down from the upper level and passed them in a blur of motion.

"Good kill, sir," Stinger said, firing a stream then quickly reloading before resuming fire again."Gimme five, and I'll beat it."

Atridian reached the top of the stairs and maneuvered around to the rebel fighters who were still firing on Rancor squad; he Force-gripped two and slammed them against the guard rail before sending them over the edge. The last soldier attempted to flee, but Atridian slashed him down across his back, sending him down flat; October appeared at his side and kicked a running rebel in the jaw then blasted half a clip into him on the ground. Atridian and Rancor team swept through the rest of the floor, which was mostly an office layout with random radio and satellite devices set up along the walkways.
Pockets of soldiers were taken off guard as Atridian and Rancor team stormed from room to room and quickly put them down. Whilly and Flak picked up a pair of DXR6 heavy carbines that were stored in a weapons locker and happily loaded them up with munitions while Stinger grabbed an EE-3 carbine rifle.

"We gotta refit these once we get back to the Nexus," Stinger said as he looked down the scope of the carbine."Give these baddies some extra stopping power and paint 'em less osik colors."

Atridian was playing with an E-5 carbine with one hand, liking the weight and heavily considering if it would serve as a good replacement to his Deece pistol; they were about to start their ascent to the third level when Atridian felt something quickly approaching from behind him. He turned to see a black armored, dual saber wielding, man appearing from the lower staircase across the room; a white armored imperial commando and five shock troopers followed up behind him.

"You!" the man yelled, raising a saber toward Atridian."You're the one who killed my comrade! There will be no mercy! Prepare for death." The man suddenly launched himself into the air toward Atridian.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Deviss brought all of his weight down with his two clutched sabers as he attacked the Force-user. Sparks flew into his face as the man side stepped his attack and the red beams simply left two scorched marks on the floor. The man didn't even draw his own lightsaber; a hard fist crunched the side of Deviss's helmet, sending him spiraling back a few feet.
He felt a definite dent in his helmet and his vision was hazzy as he tried to look back at his attacker. Deviss nearly got decapitated as a red shaft of light sliced through the air where his head had been only seconds ago; it took a precise dodge to avoid the attack but his vision was cleared up now. The dark armored man had reached him in less than a heartbeat with his saber drawn and now stood only inches away. Deviss swung both of his lightsabers in an upward arch, clashing against his opponent's in an eruption of sparks and flashing light. He spun forward, lashing out with both hands twisting in arcs toward his opponent; the man deflected each blow with ease. He then ran up inside Deviss's guard to throw a mighty Force-push. Deviss felt the ground disappear beneath his feet as he hurtled toward the ceiling; a firm hand grabbed him by the neck and he found the black armored man in the air with him. Before he could even move, the attacker slammed a kick into his face with the force of a Bantha stomp. Deviss skipped once then landed heavily, sliding a few feet across the ground before coming to a stop. From head to toe, his body ached like one giant pulsating wound; he barely made out the man slowly approaching him at a brisk pace through his cloudy eyes. The armored man now stood over him with his helmet titled down at Deviss, looking directly at his face; the man grabbed his lightsaber with both hands and drew back before he swinging. He would land a serious, and fatal, blow that Deviss couldn't repel; he knew this. This was his end. Deviss closed his eyes and awaited the sabers finishing strike, but it never came. After a few moments, Deviss opened his eyes and looked up at the man to see his body frozen in place mid swing. The red beam hummed gently as the armored man simply looked down at Deviss.
Looking locked in place as if magna binds were securely pinned to the floor, ceasing his movements entirely.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Atridian was in danger; Alea could always sense where her brother was and what was happening to him. Right now, he was in danger; from himself.

"Vec! Blow us an entrance on the roof! We're going, now!" Alea yelled over the commlink.

Two missiles flew out of the gunships shaft pods and impacted the towers rooftop a couple seconds later. Vector slowed to a halt above the dust covered hole and wire lines dropped from the gunships sides. Alea, Yorrick and Zillo team quickly repelled down into the hole; three people were in the room they dropped into.
One had a blaster pistol drawn and was standing facing the doorway, and the other two were simply sitting down in two side-by-side chairs in front of a long wooden desk. Alea looked at the man with the blaster first and pulled up a matching image on her HUD; he was their target, 'Sand Sabre'. Alea instantly fired off three laser rounds into the man from her WESTAR-34 blaster pistols; he let out a low scream as two of the rounds hit him in the chest and the final one landed in his left eye.
He dropped, but Alea had already sighted the remaining two with both pistols; Zillo squad and Yorrick had the two zeroed in with their Deeces too. Suddenly, Alea heard a clear gasp over the comms and turned over to Arcade, who had his gun lowered to his right side.

"I don't believe my eyes," he spoke in complete disbelief."It can't be you, right? Surely, I must be mistaken. You can't really be..."

"Isik Dondarion?" The tall, well built, man said as he rose from his seat."I am, indeed. It's good to see you again, Arcador."

"Then that means the girl with you, is Padawan Justine!" Keenan said, lowering his rifle too.

"It's actually just Jedi, Justine now, Keenan," the girl said as she stood alongside Dondarion."The purge provided trials in their own and surviving was enough to warrant my elevation."

"I knew you guys would make it," Nex said, joining his brothers."You two are too clever to get pinned down like the rest."

"Smarter too," Hyde said lowering his rifle; Alea and Yorrick still had their blasters keenly trained on the two Jedi, though.

"You disobeyed that order for us, and for that we are forever grateful," Dondarion bowed toward them slightly but eyed Yorrick and Alea, as if just now noticing them."Seems you've made new friends over the years, too."

"We have. But we can't talk, now; both of you need to leave, right now," Arcade said, gesturing toward the rooms window.

"You've watched out for us before, I have no reason to doubt your intentions now," Dondarion and Justine strode over to the window and opened it with a wave. Justine climbed up and disappeared over the edge; Dondarion stood, about to jump, but shot back one final glance at Arcade."Thank you again, Arcador," then he disappeared too.

Nobody said a word for a few moments, but Arcade could feel Alea burning a hole in the side of his helmet with a glare.

"Once we're back on the ship: whatever just happened, you're going to explain all of it to me, and to Atridian," Alea growled as she moved toward the doorway and opened with a violent kick.

"I understand, ma'am. I'm prepared to face wherever consequences will come of it," Arcade replied in a stoic, dignified, tone.

"You were doing a duty to someone, I get that; so will Atridian. Just make sure you remember who's side your on in the end," Alea said as she moved down the hallway toward the staircase.

Together, the six of them raced down the winding levels at a sprint; Alea didn't have time to worry about whatever had just happened. All she could focus on was her brother; the six burst through the door at the bottom of the stairwell and onto a balcony overlooking the second floor. It was a chaotic scene below them; a three-way fight was happening between Rancor squad, a platoon of rebel soldier, and an Imperial shock trooper squad with an Imperial commando at the head.
Alea looked around and found where he brother was; her heart sank instantly. Atridian was standing there, frozen, over the one person Alea had prayed, night and day, he would never have to face. She had hoped, against everything since childhood, that this scene would never play out in front of her eyes.
It had all been in vain; he had appeared, somehow, and now her brother's life was in extreme jeopardy. Alea vaulted over the rail as Yorrick and Zillo team started firing their blasters; she landed and charged toward Atridian's position. She was running on pure instinct now; logic and reason had failed her in this time of crisis.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYCO PEANUT13 Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:50 am

It hit Galak, he was alone and had nothing besides his clothes and his blaster. Galak felt the bulge protruding from his thigh. Again the pain seared through his leg and ended at his robotic appendage. He left the shipping district and found himself in a courtyard surrounded by alien life. Yet again the ramble of the different languages, speech patterns, and voices hit him. The noise was deafening to be in.

Galak aimlessly walked through the crowded streets of Mos Eisley until he reached the end of the city. For miles it was a sea of endless sand.

A dirty looking man walked up to Galak. The man looked to be under the influence of illegal narcotics. The man pointed out to the dunes and started to laugh hysterically. The man then patted Galak on the back only to look up at Galak. Galak looked at the man, he was short and thin in stature. he was head to toe covered in filth. Hands cracked and full of dirt and clothes that were to large and ripped. The man though didn't look a year over 30.

"What are laughing at?"

The man began to laugh again. " I don't know, maybe because there is nothing out there, but the sandy void beckons even the strongest of people, even though it leads to their demise." He laughs again. "Some people just never learn, some think to find treasure, or maybe start a moisture farm, I don't know, but places to live are spread thin here on this planet."

Galak looked around. The edge of town was much quieter, only a hand full of people were around and most of them were old or homeless.

"Why are you talking to me, sorry if I sound rude but I never asked to talk to you."

"Well, you look like you lost something out there in the arid lands and wish to retrieve it."

Galak looked at the man with confusion then it hit him, he did lose everything in the dessert. He lost his ship, his purpose, his friend. Everything was gone.

"I guess you are right." said Galak.

The man extended his grubby hand. "My name is Shamus Hundo."

Galak shook the man's hand. "And I'm Galak, Galak Telsh."

"Well Mr. Telsh you are not going to get far in this town wearing an Imperial jump suit, and I have some spare clothes, and no they are not as dirty as me."

"Well I guess" Galak smiled at Shamus and they headed off to his house.

They get to Shamus's front door. He walked up to a small number pad next to his door and entered a code. The door flung open. They walked into the small house. The house was about the size of a TIE's wing and had all the normal household stuff.

Shamus walked over to a night stand and pulled out some clothes and handed them to Galak. "There now you should blend in around here."
PSYCO PEANUT13
PSYCO PEANUT13

Back to top Go down

Post by Desertb1ur101 Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:33 am

After an full canteen of water, Lazlen finally arrived at Mos Eisley, surrounded by different species and culture. As he walked into the spaceport, he kept a tighter grip onto his blasters and walked faster. Lazlen noticed that the settlers were staring at him with suspicion, but of course, its not everyday that an Imperial Shadow Stormtrooper arrives at an outer-rim planet. Finally, Lazlen found a what looked like a cantina, and walked in hopes of finding information about his target. As he got closer, Lazlen could hear the sounds of music blasting and the chattering of many different species within the building. Before he entered, Lazlen saw a garbage can near the entrance and saw a piece of junk that for some reason stood out to him. He collected the junk and decided that it could come in handy as he entered the cantina. The music and chattering only got louder as he approached the bar, and what he saw inside surprised. Lazlen wasn't a stranger to alien species, he's seen a lot both on his home planet and his time serving the Empire, but seeing all of them in the cantina made him stop and think about how big the galaxy truly is. Unfortunately, he wasn't given a lot of time, as the music and chatter stop as he entered the cantina, with everyone training their eyes unto is helmet and armor.
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Atridian could do nothing except repeatedly ask himself the same question over, and over, and over again: why? He had the advantage; he had the upper hand, and most of all, he was more powerful. So, why, then, could he not bring himself to land the blow?
Atridian just stood there like a rock looking down at the Inquisitor, saber in hand but refusing to move even an inch more forward. Suddenly, though, he felt extremely compelled to reach out to the Inquisitor through the force. Atridian let his mind absord the essence of the individual like a rush of water running over him.
He was afraid, full of doubt, ready to die and.....and.....
He was of the same.....blood?
Beneath the helmet, Atridian made a shocked and bewildered expression as the revelation hit him full force.
Atridian and this inquisitor were kin? How? Was it a trick? Was he losing his touch in the Force?
He didn't have time to answer any of them; the inquisitor lunged up at Atridian and barreled into him with a jolting impact. Atridian stumbled back, dazed, he looked up in time to see the inquisitor standing tall with both lightsabers raised above his head.

"Deviss! Back away!" The lightsaber in the inquisitors left hand flew away from him and landed in the firm grasp of Atridian's sister, Alea.
"I said, back away from him, Deviss! You've already done more damage than you know, so leave, now! Before I decide to make you permanently leave, instead!"

Atridian couldn't handle everything that was happening right then; this Inquisitor was a relative, Alea now seemingly exuded a Force-sensitive presence. The Inquisitor shifted his body and pounced toward Alea with both hands wrapped around the hilt of his remaining saber. Alea moved too and clashed with him; brilliant streaks of red light swiped left and right through the air as the two engaged in furious melee.

"How do you know my name?" Deviss said through clenched teeth."Tell me!"

"If you can't remember, then it doesn't matter!" Alea jumped up and brought down a heavy strike against Deviss's guard, sending him back a few steps.

Deviss clicked a button on the inside of his glove; unknowing to them, he was actively sending a signal to the shadow trooper, Lazlen. It was actively relaying his coordinates, so if he fell, he'd at least leave a trail for the trooper to follow.

Atridian could only stand and watch as the two exchanged blow, after blow, after blow with each other. Alea was surprisingly adept at saber combat; he'd need to add that to the long list of questions he had for her once he returned to his normal state. Deviss wound up his body then landed a swift kick to Alea's chest, knocking her clean off her feet and sending her flat on the ground.
The Inquisitor stabbed his lightsaber down to pierce her chest but Alea flipped backwards onto her feet before it reached her. She took three steps and turned; Alea was at Deviss's left side in a blink before he even fully turned his head to follow her. Alea threw a sharp uppercut that caught him off guard, destroying his battle composure.
She grabbd his right hand then forcibly pressed it toward herself before bringing down her lightsaber through his left hand in one clean, fluid, motion. It separated from his arm with a small hiss from the contacted skin then flew off into the air; Alea hadn't paid attention to where it landed. Deviss shattered instantly; he grabbed the smoking stump on his left arm and dropped sharply onto one knee, letting out a series of pained yells all the while.
That snapped something in him; Atridian couldn't tell, at the time, what had occurred inside him as he watched his sister dehand Deviss, the inquisitor. He rarely felt it and almost never knew what it was when it happened. But the emotions that flooded him were: grief, sorrow, and regret.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Vil wasn't a man who thought of how his odds stacked up; his whole life he'd beaten the odds so he just never stopped to consider. This time was no different; red laser rounds zig-zagged over his head as he fired of a quick burst from his Deece and downed a rebel soldier leaning out of cover. He probably was just taking a quick glance to see what was shooting at his squad, and Vil had made sure it was his last.
A blue round wizzed past his helmet and he looked over to the four men outfitted in Katarn-class armor shooting in two different directions. One of the shock troopers jumped up next to him and unleashed a volley of fire toward the squads postion behind a tipped pillar. Vil snapped on his sniper attachment and took aim at one of the men; his breath got to stuck in his throat and his rifle rigidly locked into place.
One of them was covered in colors of his long dead comrade that, upon seeing it, caused him to hesitate. Vil lowered his rifle then squatted down into a crouch; he was probably just feeling survivors guilt and wasn't going to be surprised by what would come. Regardless, Vil activated his comms then switched to a very old, secure, line his squad used to use.
Normally all he got was static from the channel since no one was ever on it anymore; it chirped once, then two more times afterward. Someone had joined in on the channel, Vil could hear their quiet breathing despite their best efforts to conceal it.

".......Vil?" came a voice that he immediately recognized and had to stifle a cry of pure joy.

"Yeah, it's Vil. Small frakking galaxy, huh?" Vil said with genuine elation pouring out in his voice.

"Small, yeah. Where the heck you at?"

Vil looked over the top of the barricade and saw the soldier in October's colors with two placed fingers on the side of his head."About thirty feet from you; other side of the court."

October's head yanked up and looked in Vil's direction."Got eyes on. How'd you wind up in this mess?"

"Long story, better saved for another time--preferably one where we aren't getting at. You got an escape plan?" Vil asked.

"We got a larty on the roof; once we get the commander, we're all hanging out," October replied.

"Got room for one.....two extra passengers?"

"We've got enough for half a village to ride in; I'll sort it out later but you got a space, ner vod."

"Copy that. Lemme just wrap up things over here then I'll make my way over to you guys. Tell you guys not to shoot me, by the way," Vil clicked off his comms then slowly turned toward the shock troopers.

Vil raised his Deece and put a round through the head of the closest trooper then sighted up the next one just as he turned to see what had made the noise. His neck jerked back violently as the plasma bolt smacked into his forehead before his body tumbled onto the floor a few seconds later. Vil had vaulted over the barricade by the time the remaining three realized what had happened and started angrily firing after him. Yelling multiple obscenities in high pitched yells as he gained ground, traitor, being among the kindest. Vil reached October's squad in five long strides and cleared the pillar in a single bound. October was waiting for him there and the two immediately embraced each other in a brotherly hug.
It lasted five whole seconds until the finally released each other and to the battle at hand. Flak signaled to October then pointed to the walkway across from them suspended above; all of Zillo squad and Yorrick were laying down fields of concentrated fire, stopping only to reload then quickly resume firing again.

"Extraction team is here, we're moving!" October yelled and Rancor squad rose as one."Vil, if you're bringing a guest, best go get them now."

Vil nodded then sprinted off as Rancor squad moved toward the ramp leading up to the third story staircase.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Alea kicked Deviss aside and deactivated the lightsaber in her hand before clipping it to her belt. She turned toward her brother, who was still standing like a statue with a fixed gaze on the floor. Alea yelled his name once, then twice, then once more before she realized he was in some sort of trance-like state.
She cringed, knowing that there was only one sure-fire way to get him back to reality; she balled up her fist then slammed it against Atridian's helmet as hard as she could. Alea instantly felt white-hot pain coursed up her arm from her bones vibrating and rattling against the durasteel as her fist impacted. It did little more than turn his head slightly but it did achieve Alea's goal.
Atridian shook his head a few times then turned to look at his sister, who was bouncing in place shaking her pained hand from side to side.

"Back to your senses, brother?" Alea asked with a cheerful voice.

Atridian didn't reply; he silently nodded in acknowledgment, which only made a ball of extreme worry start to form in Alea's stomach in response. Alea lightly nodded her head towards the commandos on the catwalk and the two swiftly started making their way towards them. She was still feeling uneasy about Atridian, to say the least; she'd seen him angry, sad, happy, depressed, enthusiastic, disgusted, and many other shades of emotion.
Right now, though, he wasn't showing her anything that she'd seen before in their entire lives; Alea unlocked the time-beaten shackles over her brain and, for the first time ever, used the Force to reach out to her brother. What was there wasn't what shocked her; it's what wasn't there that did. He was just a bottomless void, filled with nothing except sheer blackness; inside, Atridian was an endless sea of pure serenity but mirrored a dark ocean of complete shadow.
Atridian was on the edge of both, in a state of what could be described as emotionless grey fog. Alea cringed as a shocking sensation suddenly bounced through her head; she looked back at Atridian, but he was looking dead ahead. She thought for a moment that maybe he had sensed her trying to pry open his head and look inside but quickly shut her out the moment he noticed.
Alea put the question in a bag for a rainy day; today was already too complicated enough.

Deviss wobbled up onto his feet and glared in the direction of the two as they grew further, and further away. He looked down at the burned flesh where his hand had just been and suppressed a cry of utter misery from creeping out his throat. He couldn't let himself shut down, if he did, he wouldn't survive the battle. Suddenly, Vil appeared at his side like he simply faded into reality then materialised out of thin air.

"Vil?....What are you doi-" Vil placed a firm hand on his shoulder then arched his free arm backwards.

"Sorry, Dev. Yell later, but live now," Vil quickly brought his fist down hard on Deviss's forehead. Deviss saw his fist coming, then the next second everything went black.

Atridian was numb; he reached both commando squads with his sister only just climbing the last foot on the ramp. He heard footsteps behind him and turned to see a man, wearing similar looking Katarn-class armor, quickly racing up the last stretch of the ramp to meet them. Over his shoulder hung an unconscious Deviss, a man who Atridian still couldn't figure out why the sight of him invoked such bizarre feelings inside himself. Alea turned and glared at October as the newcomer joined the group after a slow trot.

"Ma'am I can-" Alea held up a hand and silenced him mid-talk.

"Don't care. Don't wanna know right now." Alea just turned her head away and pointed to the stairs.

The group climbed up the stairwell and reached the top floor then made their way to the rappel lines that were hanging from the gunship above. They hooked in and the lines jerked upward, pulling everyone aboard at once. Vector tapped his console a few times and the gunship took off like a blaster round and started steadily climbing higher.
They were on route back to the Nexus and would arrive in ten minutes, by Vectors calculations. The commandos and Yorrick filled the cabin with chatter after a good amount of time passed; most of the conversations revolved around their two new additions they'd picked up. While they conversed, Atridian stood apart facing the side hatch a good few feet away from them.
Alea was watching him attentively from the other side hatch, growing more concerned by the second at his behavior. Inside Atridian's helmet, it was completely silent; the outside sound had been turned off and the commlink was dead in his ear. In silence all he could hear was the lower rasp of his own slow breathing; Atridian was confused above everything else that he felt going through his mind.
Once again he found himself asking the same question: why?
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PSYCO PEANUT13 Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:19 am

Galak put on the Orange jacket and tan pants that Shamus gave him. He then put on his holster and blaster and he was finished.

"Well, new life new clothes" Galak smiled. "Thank you for the new clothes"

"Don't worry about it, you know what you seem to have a big future ahead of you, and you can stay here if you want."

Galak nodded his head and thanked him.

"Thank you for your kindness, but first I need to get some information. I need to hitt up a Cantina."

"O.k. Galak just don't piss off any dugs or other violents people"

Galak walked out of the house and headed back into the space port. He walked up to a cluster of buildings and saw a sign that pointed towards a Cantina. Galak walked into the Cantina onlyly to be 10 Ft behind an Imperial shawdow trooper.
PSYCO PEANUT13
PSYCO PEANUT13

Back to top Go down

Post by Desertb1ur101 Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 am

"Imperial!" Lazlen heared the shout and turned his head to see a Rodian eject from his char and reach for his blaster in his holster. The Rodian fired two futile shots before Lazlen grabbed one of his DH-17s and shot the Rodian in the chest. Lazlen saw the suspicion and panic within everyone and reached onto his belt to grab a device.
"Freeze!" Lazlen ordered and raised his arm. "This is an thermal imploader. Anyone try an attempt like the Rodian and I'll destroy this place." Few customers gave Lazlen a look of fear, others appeared angry, and the bartender showed an annoyed look. "I'm looking for information," Lazlen continued. "Are there any smugglers here?" A silence took over the cantina. Lazlen assured himself that he'll check out another cantina if no one talked soon.
Suddenly a voice rang from one of the corners of the cantina.
"Why? To kill?" Lazlen turned his head to the voice and started walking, with his arm still raised. He looked around to find a man staring back at him, with a scar running across his right eye.
"The Empire doesn't feel like wasting blaster shots on smugglers today."
"Then what d-"
"I'm looking for someone, or if you cannot tell me, a ship."
"Whose the someone," the man responded.
"A mercenary, force-sensative, also has a diverse crew with him. Heard of him?"
"Force-sensative? Isn't that 'ancient history?'" Everyone in the bar began to chuckle. Lazlen then fired his blaster at the ceiling once.
"What about his ship?"
"If I don't know the man, how do I know his ship?" Lazlen fired at the man's table.
Is there anything you can tell me?"
"Yeah, there's 'old' building 100 miles south of the spaceport. Its hardly used for anything but once in a while, a ship will land there for no real reason."
"Did any ship land recently?"
"I don't know."
"Thank you for your cooperation." Lazlen walked out of the cantina and heard multiple sighs of relief as he did. He look at the contents of his "imploader" that he threatened everyone with. "Stupid junk," he thought and there it where he found it: in the trash.
"Lieutenant!" The pilot screamed over communications. "I got a signal coming from somewhere from the planet. Its from Deviss, sir!"
"Can you pinpoint where its coming from?" Lazlen asked.
"Yes sir! Its coming  from-"
"100 miles south of Mos Eisley?" Lazlen guessed."
"Actually...yes..sir. How'd you know?"
"Picked up a trail leading there. I'll meet you there." Lazlen made a rush for a nearby landspeeder an raced towards the building and Deviss' signal.

Last edited by Desertb1ur101 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:28 pm

++HANGAR BAY, NEXUS: 0820 HOURS++

Vector throttled down the gunship as it passed through the ray shielding of the Nexus hangar bay and slowly dropped to the steel floor. Before the cabin doors even slide open, a medical team with specialist Rede at the forefront were standing ready before it flew in. They immediately set out to their duties once the group disembarked, checking over everyone to ensure they were perfectly healthy and uninjured before turning their attentions to the unconscious Deviss.

"Take him up to the med bay and hook him up; I don't care how you go about it, but just make sure he doesn't expire before we get a chance to chat with him," Alea said looking over to Rede then to Zillo squad. "Arcade, I want you guys on guard watching him. If he wakes up and tries something stupid, put him down hard. Understood?"

Arcade nodded in acknowledgment; the medics loaded Deviss onto a hover lift and quickly started toward the hangars exit, trailing Zillo squad behind. Alea removed her helmet, pivoted, then planted her gaze on October's squad with the unknown stranger standing just off to the side.

"One minute; explain, now." Alea said with a voice like an ice-cold vise grip.

"This man here is named Vil, he was in my original squad of brothers back before I got stranded on Kamino. He's undyingly loyal, ma'am; I trust him with my life and the lives of everyone here. Vil's with us, with your permission and approval." October snapped off in a crisp, clear, but passionate tone that managed to strike a cord inside her heart.

Alea looked the commando, Vil, from top to bottom with one glance to size him up. Not surprising, he had the statue, stoic attitude, and physical mass much like the others, but also like the others, he was every so slightly different. Vil held his Deece at his ride side one-handed, whereas most of them carry it with both hands and simply lower the blaster below their belt line.
He also stood differently; Vil had his legs diagonally positioned so the left half of his body was farther forward and the rest was facing the side. Alea glanced at his fingers and saw that he slowly flexed, then released them very slowly repeatedly. Vil may have had the same face as the other commandos, but, already Alea knew he was his own man through and through.
An individual in every sense of the word.

"You want a job?" Alea asked plainly.

"I just quit my old one so yes, especially if it pays better, and has more benefits." Vil replied with just enough humor to make Alea crack an invisible smile inside.

"Then you're hired. Flak, show him the rounds of our home and get him settled in." Alea said.

"Aye, ma'am," Flak instantly sounded off and starting leading Rancor squad, with Vil, towards the exit leading to the barracks.

Alea caught October and held him back while the rest moved on; a quick flick upwards with her fingers indicated she wanted his helmet off. The seals popped then hissed as October removed the blue-lit, T-shaped, helmet and looked directly into her eyes waiting to be addressed.

"Atridian isn't one-hundred percent right now, in case you couldn't tell," she craned her neck back to see her brother standing next to a stack of crates looking around the hangar aimlessly. "which means, I need you to keep a close eye on him until he's back to normal. So if he's off in the fog, bring him back down. He needs a rock right now, but I'm not enough. Can you do it?"

"Absolutely, ma'am. And if I may speak freely: I'm not agreeing just because you're making a request, and not because I'm simply following orders blindly, either. The comman...Atridian is my frien--no, he's more than a friend, actually. He's my, and all of our, squad brother. Atridian has earned our loyalty, our respect, but also our undying love as a fellow brother-in-arms. I will keep him together, ma'am, that's a vow I make on my life." October proclaimed proudly with sincere passion, and pure conviction flowing from his words.
It hit Alea all of a sudden, penetrating her body like a razor-edged knife that sank deep down inside her body; her heart skipped a beat.

"Thank you, October. You're more than soldiers to him, too; you're his family. Each and every one of you one on this ship; together, you give him the strength to keep on living." Alea paused for a moment then slowly started reaching out her hand to his cheek. "And you can call me Alea, not just ma-" the sound of the ships alarm going off shattered the moment like a mirror made of glass.

Atridian frantically looked up as the alarm continued to drone on after the first cycle of automated noise ended and the next began. All at once the speakers clicked on and blank sound flooded the entire hangar for a few moments before the operator spoke into the microphone.

"Enemy vessels detected, I repeat, enemy detected in our immediate airspace approaching fast." There was a pause and Atridian heard the faint sound of someone speaking behind the operator, sending him more details. "Enemies are 10 Aggressor assault fighters leading a Guardian-class light cruiser. Scanners show it's lightly armed compared to the Nexus, but its shielding and drive core have been upgraded. Giving it 15% more speed and maneuverability than us, along with almost matching our durability as well. All hands: prepare for battle and head to your designated battle stations, repeat, all hands head to your..." the operator repeated the drill but Atridian was already up and moving toward Alea and October.

No longer was his mind filled with the void; he'd accepted that thinking about it wasn't going to help and so he pushed, and crushed it down deep inside, for now. He knew it would eventually resurface and once again he'd have to tackle the mysterious emotions and the strange feeling coming from Deviss, but now was not the time or place for it. He stopped short when he reached his sister and October, seeing that his sister looked somewhat, and strangely, embarrassed with a bit of red coloring her face. They both abruptly turned toward him as he approached, almost like they'd been caught discussing some kind of secret plan a few moments before. Atridian had already accepted, and forgiven, that she was Force-sensitive and quickly addressed the fact that she never told him.
Secrets were normal among siblings, he told himself; it doesn't change anything or mean anything that she didn't tell me. She had her reasons and that was good enough.
He boxed the thought up and sent it away from his mind, resolved and ended, in a single blink. Atridian momentarily pondered the new possibilities that came with this knowledge; they could train together, spare together, and feel things unknown to others together as well. He liked that; it made him lightly smile underneath his helmet as the thought came and went.

"Get up to the bridge and man the ship's helm," Atridian said directly to Alea. "I'll get in my fighter and intercept them head on so that the fighters don't overwhelm us, and chip away at our defenses," He said very calmly as if he was talking about going on a simple run to do some errands.

"Are you sure, brother? I mean...with your current state are you positive you want to go ou-" Atridian waved her off then began walking to his starfighter.

"I'm fine, Alea. I don't need to know how I feel to blast ships into tiny pieces, alright?" Atridian replied sharply as Alea and October followed after him.

"Listen, after this, I'll explain everything. I know you must have a thousand questions and I'm prepared to sit down and answer every single one." Alea took in a deep breath before continuing."There's a reason you have feelings toward Deviss, brother. I didn't know if you remembered him or not so I never said anything before. I can sense your inner turmoil over him; it's like a gaping crack running the length of a giant glass spire. We knew Deviss, we've known him since back from our early childhood. He's--" she started, as Atridian came to a complete stop mid-stride and let out a deep, rage-filled, growl.

"I. Don't. Want. To. Know. Right. Now." He said slowly as he struggled to opress the re-surfacing emotions that he previously tried, in vain, to bury deep down out of his mind.

Alea flinched at what she saw through the Force. His current emotional state was a constantly overflowing volcano of pure jet black lava with a giant boulder covering the top preventing any of it from leaking out.

"I...I understand. We'll talk later." She said calmly and felt the volcano suddenly drain completely empty like nothing had ever been inside it to begin with.

Atridian didn't say anything more after reaching his starfigher, popping open the cockpit with a wave, and jumped inside with a single bound. There was a rapid burst of steps that hit the durasteel floor of the hangar out of nowhere and quickly pounded toward Atridian's starfighter. The fur covered head of Ratchet suddenly emerged over the edge of the cockpit screen and looked intently at Atridian as he was fastening his harness.

"You aren't planning on going out there alone, are you? There's ten fighters and only one you; flying solo would be near suicidal, kid." Ratchet said, through the wookie language of Shyriiwook.

"I've faced worse and come out on top so ten on one doesn't even worry me." Atridian flipped a switch that began priming the engine then hit another that activated the main armaments.

The Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor was outfitted with a pair of two heavy laser cannons along with an equally matching pair of ion cannons. Atridian had added a few additions on himself as well; the ship sported a custom medium grade shield generator that he fine tuned to withstand a direct blast from a turbo-laser battery. But only one blast.
He also installed four torpedo tubes in the front hull with homing tech integrated torpedoes loaded inside. If the fight was 50/1; his odds of victory were 40%. Those were good numbers given the outnumbering forces presented. Atridian was up against 10 this time; he'd win easily then set his sights on the cruiser afterward.

"Well it worries me, kiddo. I don't like sitting on the sidelines watching you step out onto the edge like this. You need a wingman," Ratchet stated as he moved toward the starfigher adjacent his."I'm coming with you, and I'm not asking either."

Ratchet climbed the step ladder in two steps and dropped down the open hatch into the cockpit of the Z-95 headhunter. Atridian heard a chirp from his comms and switched it over to the ship-to-ship channel then hit the ignition switch. Both ships simultaneously lifted into the air as the ion engine turnines hummed to life.

Alea and October watched on as they shot forward and propelled down the length of the hangar into the open Tatooine skies outside. Alea looked on a few seconds more after the ships slowly shrank then completely disappeared into the distance. She had a brief flare of anxiety wondering, for the first time in her life, how her brother would react when she broke her seal over the truth to him.
Alea thought on for a moment more then started toward the bridge of the Nexus at a sprint.

Last edited by Atridian on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Desertb1ur101 Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:18 am

"DC-15," Lazlen thought to himself as he picked up the blaster from one of the dead rebel soldiers. "Old, few modifications, but very well polished, these Rebels sure do love antiques." Lazlen set down the rifle and continued looking around the Rebel base, searching for survivors or clues that could tell what happened to Deviss.
"Hey Lieutenant!"Lazlen turned his head to see the pilot waving his hand to get his attentions. "Found them!"
"Deviss?" Lazlen asked.
"No! The shocktroopers. All five of them. They ar-" the pilot cut himself off. "Were in the middle of a firefight sir!"
"There all dead?"
"Yep, each one has a few blaster marks in them. This poor guy gotta mark right between his eyes."
"What about the target or Deviss?"
"Besides the one body cut in half, there's no other clue to where they went. And that signal form Deviss is lost, so that means he's on the move. And much faster than our ship (though a astromech droid is faster than that shuttle)."
"Settle down Pilot, we need to get that signal found again, see if you can use the control center to pick it up." Lazlen began to walk the corridor searching for clues. "Oh and might as well ask the blockade for a MAAT." Lazlen added. He went up to the bodies of the shocktroopers and examined them. The textures and size of the marks are all similar (and accurate). He started making his way towards the hangar. "Maybe the target docked his ship there," he thought. Still he was impressed. Him and his mercenaries taking out a rebel base AND a squad of Imperial shcoktroopers? This makes Lazlen's objective more important, for both his and Deviss's sake. What about Vil? The clone? "If what I heard about clones are true, he's fine." Lazlen said to himself.
"Sir!" The Pilot shouted over the inter-comms. "I've got a track on Deviss's signal! Last known received transmission was of it going west Sir!"
"Alright mount up! We're going to get Deviss and eliminate the target! Understood Pilot?"
"Yes sir! I've requested a MAAT too! We'll be ready to move out in minutes Lieutenant!"
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:06 pm

++SKIES OVER DUNE SEA, TATOOINE: 0825 HOURS++

Atridian swung left as a flurry of laser-dire filled his viewport and the enemy vessels soared past him at blurring speed. He turned around with a loop upward then behind, lined up the fighters, and ripped them apart with a burst from his starfighter's cannons, covering his ship in black smoke as he passed through the debris. Ratchet screamed overhead as he pursued after three other fleeing fighters, firing both cannons trying to hit them; a giant blinding streak of light suddenly shot through the sky and the three fighters were destroyed simultaneously as it passed through them.
Atridian could see the Nexus as a tiny shape in the distance but knew it had the accuracy to shoot anything down within a 10-mile radius; sparks peppered his ships hull as four fighters suddenly converged on him and unloaded their rounds.
Atridian twists the control stick, sending his ship into a spiral, and drops down sharply before straightening out and shooting back upwards. The four ships were above him flying straight on when he fired both ion cannons; they impacted the middle two, exploding on impact, and engulfing the other two in a brief ball of intense explosive fire. Ratchet suddenly appeared out of the corner of Atridian's view chasing down the remaining fighters; Atridian threw his throttle forward and quickly joined him, with the two ships now flying side-by-side.

"You wanna do the honors?" Ratchet's voice came over the ships commlink.

"You bet I do," Atridian said as he clicked both triggers together.

Green laser-bolts erupted from both ships at once and covered the fleeing group of fighters. One by one they exploded in puffs of smoke and debris as Atridian and Ratchet continued to drown them in multiple streams of laser fire; a charred, burnt, body of one of the dead pilots hit Atridian's right side panel before bouncing off and disappearing out of his sight without making a sound. Ratchet fired a proton torpedo at the last fighter and Atridian watched as it turned the fleeing fighter into a burst of flame and smoke and debris falling to the sand below.

"That's all of 'em, kid. We going to get the big fish now?" Ratchet said.

"Assuming Alea doesn't catch it first," Atridian replied. Both ships twisted around in a sharp turn and started accelerating toward the tiny Guardian-class light cruiser in the distance; Nexus was already exchanging fire with the vessel when the two got close enough to see the criss-cross of blue and red lights coming from both ships following by yellow streaking missiles.

Nexus fired its turbolasers with a thunderous boom that slashed the topside of the enemy cruiser, revealing red streaming firing in its wake as the enemy ships launched a trio of missiles. They shot downward then curved up to hit the underside hull of the Nexus creating a bright flash of yellow and orange light as they exploded on impact; the ships shields shivered dimly along the areas of impact but the armor beneath was merely scorched black from the explosive residue. Nexus returned with a multiple shot from both it's turbolasers and heavy laser turrets all at once; the left side of the enemy vessels hull caved in with a tiny explosion erupted from a hole created from the focused laser attack.
Atridian shot forward and passed alongside the Nexus as he activated his targeting computer and targeted the light cruisers engines. Before he was able to prime his torpedos, Atridian's radar suddenly began blinking rapidly. He looked down and saw a cluster of red dots covering everything around his ship but when he looked around the sky he didn't see anything. Then the sun abruptly disappeared, covering his ship in shadow, he looked up with dismay to see what was blocking it.  
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Atridian saw them at once; numbering in the 30s they streaked through the air above with two large rectangular boxes following behind them. Ratchet banked right as laser fire started to rain down on them; Atridian was rocked in his seat as the panels of his fighter shimmer blue as the shield absorbed a barrage of rounds. Atridian watched as the 30 new enemy fighters filled his viewport and shot all around his; Ratchet raced past him and blasted three ships away before baking right with a trio of enemies tailing him.

"Nexus! They've got reinforcements! Repeat, they've been reinforced!" Atridian spun sideways and shot two laser bolts, destroying two enemy vessels in his path before turning toward another pair to engage.

"Confirmed, Atridian!" came Alea over the comms, clearly concentrated on the fighting instead of talking. "We're sending out the Mando aces to back you up in the ARC-170s so be on the lookout for four friendly fighters entering your airspace."

Atridian didn't have time to reply to her when she cut the comms; the Nexus suddenly fired a torrent of missiles that streamed overhead Atridian's fighter and shot toward the Guardian cruiser still maintaining it's course. The missiles impacted the main bridge of the ship and covered the entire top hull in a sea of yellow-orange flames; a moment later, the ship started in a downward nosedive toward the ground. Atridian smirked under his helmet as he watched the vessel plummet out of view before returning his attention on the squad of fighters he was chasing.
Green lasers lanced through the ships, sending debris over Atridian's ship as he passed through the puffs of black smoke hanging in the air. Four magnificent sounding ARC-170s roared by at incredible speed before breaking off and started engaging the enemy fighters; Atridian watched one of his ally fighters blast two enemies away then flipped around as four turned to him in pursuit. The tail gunner danced his turret from fighter to fighter, shooting each of them apart with quick bursts of concentrated fire.

"Oye, who taught these di'kut how to fly, sir?" asked one of the pilots as he brought his ship alongside Atridian's. "We might as well just land so that they won't have a hard time trying to hit us, ha."

"They may outnumber us, but that's about it," Atridian replied glancing over to the Mandalorian pilot who was giving him a thumbs up. "Tell the boys to end their embarrassment quickly, Gats."

"Can do, boss," Gats opened up the team comms. "Oya! Oya! Oya! Let's get 'em boys!" his fighter dipped down then banked right out of Atridian's sight.

Atridian hit the accelerator up and felt the G force push him back in his seat as he shot toward the outskirts of the fighting then looped around and started moving back again; his targeting system locked on to ten enemy fighters and his torpedos were instantly primed. Light strobed in front of him as his fighter launched ten torpedos at once and darted toward their targets, streaming blue streaks behind them as they flew through the sky. Ten distant booms flowed by simultaneous flashes of explosive light confirmed they'd hit their marks.

"Nice shooting, kid," Ratchet appeared next to him, with a few scorch marks covering his fighter from the fighting. "The two big ships have been confirmed to be XS light freighters modified for combat engagements. It's got a rocket launcher each, and two turrets on the top and bottom side of the hull. And-" Ratchet paused for a moment as new information filled his ear. "Frak! we've got 4 squadrons of AIAT/i dropships inbound to the Nexus! Their gonna try to board!"

Atridian gripped his controls and turned his fighter sharply then started racing back to the Nexus; both of the large enemy ships were firing down at the Nexus as it attempted to climb to meet them with its nose pointed up. The Nexus was twice the size of both freighters but it was also not as fast as they were; red beams danced across the topside of the Nexus as it flew upward to reach the two vessels. The turbolasers and heavy lasers were firing in quick succession at the hostile ships but they were simply too close, and fast, for them to hit.
The four ARC-170s overtook Atridian and Ratchet and accelerated toward the remaining cluster of fighters who were heading on a direct course to intercept Atridian's forces to cover the dropships. His helmet enhanced his vision and he could make out the ships behind the group of fighters; they were all on a straight path toward the Nexus but were being buffeted by blasts of smoke and air as the turbolasers began attacking them. Atridian punched his triggers with his fingers and fired nonstop into the large group of enemy fighters quickly advancing toward him; seconds later the rest of his battle group joined in and fired on the fighters in uniform cohesion, accounting for at least thirteen kills with their ships either exploding or catching fire and spiraling downward to their dooms.
Ten of the dropships exploded as turbolaser rounds hit their hulls and instantly destroyed their tiny frames under the sheer force from the gun; Atridian and Ratchet passed through the gap in the enemy fighters and began firing at the dropships dozens of miles away. Sadly, none of their shots were successful; the remaining 4 dropships banked down below the ships guns and passed through the ray shielding into the hangar. Atridian sighed deeply then flipped up and away from the Nexus and headed back to the fighting. It was up to Alea, now, to defend the ship from the boarders.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Desertb1ur101 Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 am

The Medium-Range Scope. Lazlen couldn't bring another larger scope, nope he decided to bring only one scope. In the situation he was in and the plan of attack that he decided would be best, he couldn't get a scope with a further zoom.
"Lieutenant!" The pilot's words brought Lazlen back from his thoughts and into reality. "We're approaching the signal. Its definitely on the move and on a ship."
"I think you mean THE ship Pilot!" Lazlen responded.
"Well that's kind of the problem Sir." Lazlen was confused by his words until the pilot opened the blast doors to reveal a battle with several starfighters and two cargo ships.
"Can you pinpoint the signal?"
"Yes Sir, it appears to be on the furthest cargo ship from us."
"None of these ships are Imperial. Must be Insurgents or pirates. Assume all ships are hostile and try to get closer pilot."
"Yes Sir!" Lazlen continued to prepare his E-11 sniper rifle with specialized ship piercing blasts as the gunship approached closer to the ever-moving battle-zone. "The gunship isn't as weak as the shuttle Sir, but if one of those starfighters target us, I'm going to have to pull us out."
"Understood Pilot, just try to keep the gunship steady." Lazlen kneel down and rested his rifle on his left knee as he prepared to aim in. Blasted scope, as if his 'precise accuracy' wasn't already hindered enough. Lazlen tries to aim in on one of the fighters, but the speed of the fighters and the sway of the make make his attempt useless. Finally, Lazlen aims in one on ship and fires a single shot. Miss. Blasted scope. Lazlen re-stabilizes his rifle and fires a second shot. Miss, but closer. Lazlen tries to be optimistic. He aims in again and leads the third shot further and fires again. It his the wings of the ship. Lazlen then quickly re-stabilizes and fires six more shots at a faster rate. After the third direct hit on the ship one of the engines and the wing begins to produce smoke. Lazlen looks at his rifle and cracks a small smile under his helmet. He fires two more shots and eventually the ship begins to create fire and crashes onto the surface.
"Nice shots Sir!" The pilot said in absolute amazement.
"Would've been easier," Lazlen replied, "if I'd just bring the longer scope."
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Yorrick grabbed his Deece and followed behind Flak as the rest of Rancor squad entered the hangar bay and ran down the ramp to the bay floor. Flipping over crates and boxes, Yorrick and the commandos created a makeshift barricade with adequate cover for them to stand behind; the gunners stormed down the ramp to meet them at the barricade. Yorrick looked to them one by one in their nicely polished plastoid armor and sleek looking E-11 blasters; it was funny that he'd been just like them not too long ago and now looked entirely separate from his academy brethren.
He flicked his eyes over the four commandos to his right; now he was part of their brotherhood, one built on trust, loyalty, and honor. Yorrick missed his 'cad days but he would've traded it in a second for a life with the Mandalorian trained clone commandos; he would've been born a clone of Jango if he had the choice, unlike them. Clone or not, he'd bleed till his last drop for them now; the dropships howled against the durasteel interior as they pulled in through the shields and clattered down on the floor 50 feet from them.
The side hatches popped open and ramps scrapped against the floor; seconds later boots trampled down its steps and dozens of foot soldiers flooded out of the ships. Blue and red bolts immediately erupted from the barricade and smashed into the enemy soldiers as they raced across the bay for cover. Yorrick unloaded his Deece in quick, accurate, bursts and dropped seven targets with clean shots to the abdomen or head before dropping his spent clip and slamming a fresh one home.
October and Stinger jerked left and right while firing single-shot per target, they blasted thirteen total enemies into smoke billowing corpses lying on the floor leaking blood into tiny red pools. The enemy were equipped with poor looking armor and a mixture of blaster pistols and rifles; Yorrick ducked as a couple of rounds whizzed by and struck the walls behind him.

"Get the gun up! Get that repeater set up quickly!" one of the gunners yelled to a pair who were setting up the heavy repeating blaster cannon between two tall crates.
As soon as it was readied one of the gunners jumped to its triggers and began firing a continuous red stream into the enemy troops as they reached cover behind barrels and containers.

"Gotta love Mk.IIs!" Stinger exclaimed with a huff before firing a plasma bolt into the head of an enemy troop who was trying to make for their position, blasting it apart on impact.

"Incoming! Heads down!" October yelled as a trio of grenades landed a few feet from their barricade.

Yorrick jumped to the ground as the explosion shook his body and smoke rushed over the tops of the crates and boxes of their barricade. Yorrick was on his feet a moment later and turned to meet a soldier who had reached the other side of his cover; Yorrick put the muzzle of his blaster to his head and pulled the trigger. His head yanked backwards in a geyser of blood and Yorrick was already swinging left and right firing at more oncoming soldiers.
Rancor squad rose in unison and shredded the attackers in streaks of blue plasma fire, spraying blood and viscera over the clean, smooth, durasteel hangar floor. The turret gunner pivoted and fired a high powered round at a chest-high cargo container, covering it in ionized fire followed by scorching flames; the attack accounted for over ten hostiles. Yorrick gut-shotted on man then leaped over the crate to smash his fist against another who was scrambling towards a thermal detonator; bits of teeth were imprinted on his gauntlet as he withdrew his fist and pulled out his E-11 before executing the stunned soldier at his feet.
October was at his side in an instant and slammed his vibroblade into a trooper who was sneaking up behind Yorrick with a pistol aimed; blood rained down October's gauntlet as he ejected the blade into the man's throat. A plasma bolt took his face off and October tossed the corpse aside. Flak was standing a few feet away with blood smeared across his chest plate, the enemies blood.
Yorrick looked around and noticed the fighting, which had seemed like it had lasted hours, was now over without another sound.

"Alea, this is October. Hangar bay is clear of intruders, we ground them down in less than two minutes," October said over the comms to Alea. "We'll close the doors until the battle is over, October out"

Yorrick felt October pat him on the shoulder and make a gesture toward the doors; the gunners and the rest of Rancor squad were already stripping the weapons from the corpses and piling the bodies up off to the side. Yorrick looked outside the bay doors and saw the lights dancing back and forth in the distance. He hoped Atridian would remain safe.
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Desertb1ur101 Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:10 am

Lazlen continued to fire upon the gunships, missing more shots than hitting the starfighters.
"Lieutenant! I see an opening in the battle! I can possibly get you on the cargo ship with the signal Sir!" The pilot informed Lazlen.
"Bring the gunship in closer! See if you can get behind the ship."
"Yes Sir!" The gunship began to maneuver towards one of the cargo ship trying to avoid battle that was raging on beside them. "Hang on!" the pilot screamed and the gunship descended rapidly and take a sharp turn left while keeping a constant speed. Lazlen saw a fighter firing shots at them and Lazlen took out his duel blaster pistols and began firing back. Lazlen succeeded in shaking off the fighter, but not before it fired a single shot to knock Lazlen off his balance and threw him out of the gunship. Lazlen grabbed the side of the gunship, hanging on in order to avoid hitting the ground.
"Pull up! Pull UP!" Lalzen yelled at the pilot.
"Hang on sir." Lazlen could see the gunship fly higher into the air and eventually end up higher than the cargo ships. Lazlen eventually climbed onto the gunship and fell to his knees in exhaustion. "We should be over the ship now sir! If you want to board the ship, I recommend you do it know!" Lazlen looked out of the gunship to see the truth in the pilot's words: Lazlen had a clear shot at landing on the ship. Checking for his jump pack, Lazlen jumped out and used his jump pack to descend onto the ship. "There's too much heat here for me to stay I need to back off, but I'll be here to provide support fire Sir!" Lazlen brought out his E-11 blaster rifle just in time to see the MAAT gunship slow down and trail the cargo ship from a distance.
Desertb1ur101
Desertb1ur101

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Ten fighters hung together in Y formation as Atridian and Ratchet accelerated to attack. Their cannons fired, at once, columns of laser and plasma fire streamed into their ranks. The furthest one back lost his left engine and spun downward, exploding seconds later in a bright yellow ball.
Ratchets guns fired non-stop, so much that Atridian couldn't even tell which shots were even his. Five fighters were covered in laser bolts, scorched from top to stern, they all ignited simultaneously and erupted into orange spheres. Ratchet roared in triumph as they passed through the black smoke hanging in the air where the fighters had been moments ago.
The back-and-forth of green and red lights dancing in front of him had quickly become majority green now. The ARCs dipped and dived pursuing the enemy fighters and were blowing them out of the sky one by one in quick succession. Atridian veered hard and lined up his cannons on the remaining few fighters.
He sensed that everyone else in the sky was also doing so as well; Atridian loved it when they all worked in harmony. Green cannon shots rained left and right converging on the hostile fighters; as soon as the shots reached them, the ships were vaporized by the mass collection of fire.

"Whooooo! That's what I'm talking about!" Gats yelled over the comms in sheer jubilation.

"Small fries are scrubbed, boys. Now, let's go after the big guys," Atridian said confidently as he turned around and started toward the two freighters.

Ratchet and his ally fighters quickly caught up with him and formed a line formation as they crept closer and closer to the two big vessels.

"Keep your hats on, gentlemen. One of these boats is for me to sink," Alea said over all their commlinks. The Nexus roared overhead a second later heading on a direct course to the two ships.

"Hope these shabuire have some last words to pass on, before we turn them into smoke and dust!" Alea said with a wide grin as she spoke loud enough for the bridge crew to hear. "Rotate all armaments to the forward position and lock onto the ship heading north of us."

There was a metallic series of clanking noises as all the turrets and launchers spun around before locking into place. The freighter appeared on the 3D holoscreen in front of Alea and was quickly covered with red dots. The guns on the Nexus hummed as the tech officers primed them to fire.
Alea hovered her hand slightly above the ships synchronized firing button and watched with anticipation as the green status bar beside it slowly filled. It indicated the power level of the guns and a filled one meant maximum output for maximum damage. It reached the top and she slammed the button.
For a moment, it was utterly quiet. Then a deafening boom shook the air as the Nexus fired. Dozens of lasers and missiles streaked out from it and surged toward one of the freighters. Ships shields popped then dematerialized instantly; the collected fire struck the midsection of the ship simultaneously. In a flash of blue and red flames that engulfed almost the whole ship, the lights along the hull went out then the freighter split in two. Flames streamed out of the two halves as it spiraled out of control toward the ground.
The bridge of the Nexus exploded in a chorus of cheers as they watched the destroyed vessel plummet and sink out of view from their screens. Alea was yelled at the top of her lungs as the accomplishment filled her body. So consumed with joy, she reached out to the nearest crew mate and spun him around to face her.
She instantly locked him into a deep, hard, kiss that took the breath out of his lungs and left him standing wide-eyed in bewilderment. Alea pushed back her lips and padded him on the shoulder before returning to her station. He blinked a couple of times before regaining his senses and resumed his duties.

"We got ours, boys. Have fun gettin' yours," Alea said cheerfully to Atridian's team.

"Copy that, sis," Atridian switched to his team's channel. "Listen up! Focus fire on the engines. I want this boat to crash so we can figure who was dumb enough to try and make a play on us."

Plasma rounds and torpedoes zipped through the air and smashed into the fleeing ships engines. Seconds later the sputtered black exhaust then died. The ship dipped sharply and flew down into the desert below; it hit the sand, turned sideways, then halted after sliding a few hundred feet.
Atridian and Ratchet flew down toward the mouth of the wreckage where the sand had been parted underneath the ships hull.

"Ratchet and I are gonna sweep it for anything useful. The rest of you, stay on patrols in case we get more unexpected visitors. Atridian, out." He said to all ships as his fighters hatch popped open and he jumped out onto the sandy desert floor.

Last edited by Atridian on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atridian Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Atridian pulled his newly acquired E-5 blaster carbine from his right leg holster and held it one handed as Ratchet flipped over a piece of rubble. A crushed body of one of the ships crew lay flattened underneath it as Ratchet tossed the long piece of sheet metal to one side. Atridian looked around the crash site and saw dozens of pieces of debris littering the entire pit of excavated sand where the ship had skidded. Ratchet growled in annoyance as he kicked over the dead body and found nothing on him. Atridian stared at the downed XS light freighter and felt tiny by comparison. Sure, it wasn't as massive as the Nexus, but that didn't mean it was a far cry from being pretty big.
It was 88 meters long, 101 meters wide, and rose 27 meters high from where it sat wedged in sand. Atridian had to admit it was a pretty nice ship, but one that had no business being a combat vessel. Atridian and Ratchet marched through the sand toward a blackened hole sitting on the bottom right side of the ship's cargo bay. Whoever had punched a hole in it, he would never know. They started climbing toward the breach, leaving deep footprints embedded in the sand as they moved. Just as Ratchet reached the hole and began examining it, Atridian heard two quick steps from behind them followed by stifled ragged breaths.
He snapped backwards and found a bloodied survivor of the ship's crew standing five feet from him. Blaster leveled and trained on Atridian, the woman survivor placed her finger on the trigger and narrowed her eyes slightly. Even if he used the Force to accelerate his arm, Atridian knew he'd still be too slow to avoid getting shot first.
He braced for the round to hit him; a crack rang through the air and the woman dropped with a smoking hole rising up from her back. Atridian had his blaster raised, now, and swept it over the area of sand and metal in front of him, but couldn't find anything that had taken the shot. It was a long range shot, fired from a high-powered rifle, that much Atridian had confirmed.
Now, he needed the position, and the shooter to conclude the situation. Ratchet appeared next to him with his light blaster cannon aimed in the direction of the shot. It was quiet for a minute or two until Atridian started hearing strange grunting noises in a high pitched tone and the pitter patter of tiny stepping.
A child-sized, robed and hooded, figure suddenly emerged on top of the sand hill about a few dozen feet in front of them and started frantically waving in their direction.

"What the....?" Atridian started to say as the tiny creature began slowly climbing down the hill.

"Is that what I think it is?" Ratchet said as the creature slide down to the base and began trotting toward them.

Atridian couldn't see it before but now as the creature was closer, he spotted an E-11s strapped to his back. It was imperial standard issue; couldn't be bought outside of the empire. Only way someone could obtain one would be to take it directly from a soldier who had it. Two options immediately entered Atridian's mind: this stranger either stole it, or killed the person to get it.
Whichever was the case, it didn't matter to him in the end. The little creature gave a playful leap and landed only a couple feet from where they stood; Atridian could see now that he was, indeed, a jawa. The little creature started flailing it's arms in the air as it began to speak in it's strange, high-pitched, language toward the two.

"You understand jawa, kid? Cause I can't make out a word of what he's saying," Ratchet said, lowering his weapon.

"Yeah, I do. I'm a little rusty but I can make out what he's saying to us," Atridian replied, lowering his blaster as well, but keeping it ready just in case.

Atridian had studied a lot of the galactic languages in his past and currently knew how to speak in over 600 alien languages. After a few seconds of analysing, Atridian was able to translate the tiny creatures initial response.

It was, "Crazy! Crazy! Bad woman almost put rounds in your chest. But I not let her; I'm faster than she was. Now bad woman can't hurt nobody anymore. Hoooray!"

This was gonna be one of 'those' kinda talks, Atridian realized. "Indeed, she was crazy, little friend. Tell me, to what do I owe you for your sincere generosity," Atridian said in jawa tongue.

"You owe me nothing, it is I who owe lots to you!" The jawa pointed a gloved finger up at Atridian. "Great master from the sky! Slayer of big flying monster!" He indicated the ship.

"Oh. Well, your assistance is greatly appreciated, little one. I wish you the best of luck on your path, farewell," Atridian said, turning away towards the ship and starting off.

The little jawa raced ahead of him and turned to face him once again. "I come with you! Great master need servants to carry out his wishes," the jawa chirped happily.

"I think not, friend," Atridian replied sternly. "Where we go, danger lies in every dark corner; waiting for you to turn your back before striking. A place like that is not for you, so turn back and head to wherever you came from," Atridian said as he passed the jawa.

"Danger not scare me! I know danger since I was little, it not bother me," the jawa pointed back at the pit, "and sky monster take away my camp. I have no place now. I even lost my fluffy wampa toy too."

Atridian stopped and swiveled back around to the jawa in a flash. "Hold on a second. How old are you exactly?" Atridian asked curiously.

"This month be my twelfth year of life! I so happy when I got myself a cake!" The jawa cheered with his arms in the air.

Atridian folded his arms. "You're only 12 years old? Where are your parents?" he asked.

Its tiny shoulders shrugged, "Me not know. I can't remember having any mommies or daddies when I was little. I only remember walking the dunes when I was a kid," he said, not a trace of sadness in his voice.

Atridian gulped as it hit him; the kid was an orphan and grew up in the desert all by himself. He didn't often feel sad or pity, but this kid definitely struck a cord inside him.

"Listen, you can follow us, but I want you to stay behind us. If something dangerous pops up, you run, got it?" Atridian said and the jawa nodded eagerly. He was about to turn away but stopped short, "What's your name by the way, kid?"

"I don't have one," the jawa replied, happily trotting next to Atridian.

"Then I'll call you Tik, if you don't mind it," Atridian looked down and the little guy was shaking his head. "And you can call me, Atridian."

Ratchet was the first one in; Atridian watched the massive mountain of hair disappear inside the breach and heard him roar a few seconds later that it was clear. Tik followed beside him as they entered the dimly lit cargo bay of the freighter and moved toward the stairs where Ratchet stood. Together, the three climbed to the top and started slowly moving down the long corridor ahead.
Atridian noticed patches of blood on the floor and the walls here and there as they moved; probably made by the crew when the ship crashed. They reached the end of the corridor only to find two more corridors on either side of them, leading in two different directions. Atridian looked to Ratchet and gestured right; the wookie nodded and started down the left corridor while Atridian and Tik took the right.

Last edited by Atridian on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Atridian
Atridian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next